I started this blog in 2019 as a way to explore topics and ideas that interested me. It was my attempt to search for meaning, and to connect ideas of philosophy, spirituality and psychology to the issues that we face in the modern world.
Connecting with readers and engaging in discussions with the readers and fellow writers I met along the way is the icing on the cake.
If you attempt to discuss deep philosophical ideas with family or friends, at a party per say, people will usually think that your a bit odd or peculiar. Some will laugh with bewilderment, thinking that you are just trying to ‘pull their leg.’ Others will usually try to change the topic of conversation or quietly escort themselves to the bar.
After all, what can be better than a strong drink to take your mind of the existential predicament of human existence? Make that a double shot of whiskey please.
So, I am grateful to you dear reader for taking the time to read my articles. You make writing these articles a whole lot more enjoyable.
Here are my top 5 most read articles in 2021 based on viewership:
1. Expanding Circles: Spiritual Exercises as a Bridge Towards Cosmopolitanism: A reflection on the interconnectedness of life on earth.
2. The Polarization Series: A Look at our Moral Foundations – A look at how to have more constructive dialogues with those who you disagree with.
3. Wonder –A poem I wrote on awe and wonder I find in the natural world.
4. Lessons from Taoism: Ancient Wisdom for Modern Times – Key themes and lessons from the ancient philosophy of Taoism- naively summed up in one sentence “just go with the flow.”
5. Hope – A poem on what keeps me grateful and optimistic in times of uncertainty.
Have a happy and healthy new year. Here’s to a 2022 filled with mindful reflections and engaging discussions.
Featured Image Source: Pexels Free Photos